Monday, November 3, 2008

A Day at the Beach

We took this picture on our hotel balcony right after we arrived in Villefranche. Looking a little tired!

In Villefranche, we stayed at the Hotel Welcome. Although it wasn't fancy, it was the nicest hotel in Villefranche. It was clean and right on the waterfront, so it worked for us. Here is the view from our balcony.





We spent the day at a private beach, Plage Passable. In Villefranche, there is a public beach and then there is Plage Passable. Plage Passable is sort of a beach club; they have chairs and umbrellas you can rent for only $40 per person and a restaurant. It is located across the bay from Hotel Welcome, so they send a boat to pick you up at the hotel's dock. We got some great pictures during our boat rides to and from the beach.
Here is the view from our beach chairs. I definitely enjoyed the chairs and umbrella. I slept for pretty much the entire day, and I can't tell you how good it felt!
Around lunchtime, it started sprinkling, so we headed up to the restaurant for some pizza.


The first of many Caprese salads. This is one of my favorites, and I never thought I would get tired of it. However, it showed up on so many menus in Italy that I finally started skipping it.
Me with our Pizza Margharita.
We love Villefranche, and we would go back in a heartbeat!
For dinner, we decided to eat at Le Cosmo. We spent ten minutes walking the waterfront and checking out all of the menus posted in front of restaurants, and we definitely felt like we made a good choice.
To start, we ordered a marinated vegetable salad to split. This is not exactly what I was expecting, but doesn't it look incredible? I really want to figure out how to recreate this, because it might be the best vegetables I've ever eaten!


TMT's lasagna - he was so excited to find regular Italian food at last!

My cheese ravioli - I was also super excited to find regular Italian food.
Le Cosmo was fantastic. I would highly recommend it if you ever find yourself in Villefranche.


No comments: