While we were there, Hayes spit up like I have never seen him do before. He normally might spit up a little bit here and there, but this was just massive and he did it three times I think. We went through a blanket and two burp cloths just to clean him up. The doctor decided that he might have a touch of reflux because of the spitting up and because he seemed uncomfortable and was fussy after he did the big spit up. She and I were both glad that he did it while we were in there because I thought his fussiness was just normal and hadn't brought it up with her. She prescribed Zantac for him, so we hope it helps him out.
He got his first shots, which just about broke this mama's heart. However, he settled down pretty quickly, and he slept hard all day, all night, and most of the next day. When he did wake up to eat, he was not a very happy camper. Although he didn't have any fever and didn't seem to feel all that sore, when he was awake, he just made this constant low-level whining noise. And pitched a couple of big fits, one of which I captured in the photo above. I felt so sad for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment