I told Trent that he had to go with me the first day to drop Hayes off at school. I wanted him there for moral support and to help me carry in all of the supplies we were leaving. I was proud of myself - I didn't cry and the drop-off went smoothly.
The transition has gone really well. Hayes always seems content when I go in the classroom. We love his teachers, Miss Liz, Miss Jessie, and Miss Kelly. I go feed him at lunchtime everyday, so I've gotten to know them pretty well. Aunt Kay Kay checks on Hayes everyday when she drops off Ireland, so that makes me feel better too! I'm also lucky enough to have a very understanding boss who lets me leave a little early - picking him up at 4:30 seems so much better than picking him up at 5:30 - and who doesn't mind if Hayes comes and hangs out in my office sometimes.
Hayes and Mommy on our big day!
No comments:
Post a Comment