At Hayes's school, they do art with the kids. They take off the kids' clothes and put paint on their feet and let them kick the paper with their feet. Hayes's first art project was this rainbow. Each kid did one stripe; Hayes did the smallest orange stripe because he was the youngest one in his class.
Next, they did flowers. Each petal has a sweet little footprint on it.
Here is a closeup of Hayes's flower. We laugh because Hayes has this very serious look on his face. He does this almost everytime we take his picture. I think he is trying to figure out what that thing is in front of your face. We say that he's advanced because he's thinking it through and all of the other kids are just smiling away in their pictures and don't notice the weird black box in front of your face.
Last week, in honor of Earth Day, they painted the earth. I'm actually really impressed by how good this project turned out. Hayes's teacher told me that he really enjoys the art projects, so I'm thinking that I need to start doing it at home with him.




No comments:
Post a Comment