Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Baby Dedication

On Mother's Day, we did Hayes's Dedication at church. 

Here we are on stage:


The church makes a slide for each baby with his or her name, the scriptural meaning of the name, and a verse that the parents choose for their child.  Hayes's verse is Zephaniah 3:17.  I have always liked this verse, and while I was pregnant, it seemed like this verse kept popping up in different places for us.  I told Trent that it was a sign that we were supposed to use it for the baby's verse. 
Hayes wore an adorable "Karen Minor original." She made it for her grandson Rhett to wear for his dedication. Rhett was originally going to be dedicated in February, but he got a tummy bug and his mommy had to reschedule his big day, so he had outgrown it by May. Because poor Hayes had such a hard time gaining weight between March and May, the outfit I had bought for him to be dedicated in was way too big! Lindsey was kind enough to let us borrow Rhett's ivory silk bubble suit! I loved that Hayes got to wear it. Karen is such a talented seamstress, and it was exciting that he got to wear such a special outfit.



The Walker fam afterwards

With Nana and Papa

Since it was Mother's Day and Trent's family was in town for the dedication, we had a joint Mother's Day celebration at my parents' house.  We had yummy chicken casserole from Spring Street and my mom and I cooked southern-style green beans (recipe courtesy of Erin P.), layered salad, rolls, spinach dip, creamed corn, and cheese ball.  It was all so good!  I ordered a cute cake from Shelby Lynn's to match the invitations we sent out for the party.


No comments: