Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Six Months


At six months, Hayes is just so much fun!  I can't believe how much more I love him every day.

He goes to bed around 8 pm and sleeps until 6 am.  For most of month six (and months four and five!), Hayes has not been sleeping well at all.  He has been getting up four to five times a night.  I feed him twice and give him his paci the other times.  He usually goes right back to sleep, but not always!  Mama was getting really tired, so we made a trip to see Dr. Mahan about sleep training.  She recommended Dr. Ferber's book, which I immediately went out and bought.  We saw results the first night!

Hayes eats every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day.  He takes 4 oz bottles and sometimes goes on strike against the bottle.  Shortening the time between his daytime feedings is part of a campaign to help him gain weight.

Has had round 4 with his ear infection, his first two visits to the ENT, and finally got it beat!

He gained a whole pound during the first half of the month!

Hayes loves to pat your face and likes to chew on his toes.  In fact, anything that is in his hands goes straight to his mouth.

He has really started rolling over from tummy to back.  When he does it, he smiles the whole time and looks for us to clap and cheer for him.

He can sit up with some support for quite a while and can sit on his own for very, very short periods.

He has started eating solids.  His first food was green peas, which was a very bad choice.  They made his tummy hurt!  Carrots went over much better.

He is really talking and experimenting with new sounds.  He primarily works on "m" and "b" sounds and says mama a lot!  Of course, he doens't know what he is saying.  I've also heard some "l" and "n" sounds here and there.

Hayes no longer likes his swing.  He still likes his play mat and he hangs out in his bouncy seat in the mornings while I get ready.  We do have to strap him in now because he is so wiggly!  He likes his floor mirror and small toys.  I got him a toy that stretches across his carseat and it helps keep him in his carseat when we go out to eat.

No comments: