Christmas Day was extra special because it was also Hayes' first snow day! When I got up to feed him in the night, it had started snowing and by morning, there was quite a bit on the grass and the streets were pretty well covered too.
We headed over to my parents' house to open presents with them and my sister. When we got there, we took a quick trip outside to get some pictures of Hayes with the snow. He was not all that impressed, but soon, he will love the snow!
Hayes got tons of presents for such a little boy!
Hayes with Aunt Jen in his Christmas jammies
We ate a yummy breakfast of sausage-cheese breakfast casserole Williams-Sonoma croissants and waited to hear whether our grandma, aunt, uncle, and cousins were going to be able to make it up the mountain from Russellville. Around noon, we got word that the roads were too bad and that we would be on our own for the rest of the day. Unfortunately, they had all of the desserts, so we were dessert-less at lunchtime. I think they had the worse end of the deal; they were stuck with just sweets and no real meal.
The biggest news of the day was that Hayes lost his umbilical cord. It was a Christmas miracle! I thought that thing was never going to fall off!
All in all, it was a nice quiet day with lots of help for this new mommy! I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas gift!


No comments:
Post a Comment