Monday, February 15, 2010

Coming Home

After a two day stay at Washington Regional, we headed home with our sweet boy.  Loading him into the car seat was a little nerve-wracking for me - I think I checked every buckle at least three times - and driving home with our new precious cargo made Trent more than a little nervous!  But we made it and Aunt Jen was there to document Hayes' first glimpse of his new home.


Given the fact that Hayes surprised us, I of course had no clothes to bring him home in.  For Lucy, I had packed a gorgeous pink and white sweater outfit, but that obviously would not do for our boy!  Luckily, Aunt Jen was able to swing by Bella Jack's while we were still in the hospital and exchange it for a blue and white outfit that wouldn't embarrass Hayes.  However, we didn't think about socks!  So, I had to put him in these Converse socks that someone brought us as a gift.  Not a perfectly coordinated outfit, but he looked pretty cute regardless!


Here is Hayes all buckled up in his carseat, waiting to head home!  You don't catch him being this peaceful in his carseat very often.  He has decided that he does not like being in the seat unless we are actually moving and playing really loud music.   

No comments: