Sunday, March 21, 2010

Three Months


At three months, life with Hayes has definitely gotten easier.  We are all getting a little more sleep and Hayes is following a schedule a little better.  His momma and daddy feel more confident about taking care of him.  He is such a happy, sweet boy! 

A little bit about Hayes:

He has started going to daycare, or "school" as we call it.  I think he likes it!

He eats every 3 hours during the day

He sleeps from 8 pm to 6:30 am and wakes up just once to eat

In the mornings, when he wakes up, he'll usually hang out in his crib for a little bit.  When I do go in and get him, I unwrap his swaddler blanket and he just stretches so big.  Then he usually gives me a really cute smile!  I don't think he will be a morning person, since it takes him a little while to get all of his stretching out and he doesn't just pop up with his eyes wide open.

He takes longer naps - usually one hour and a half or two hour nap in the middle of the day with shorter naps in the morning and afternoon.  His naps don't happen on a strict schedule, but they are starting to follow more of a pattern.  At daycare, he naps in his crib or in a bouncy seat, but at home he still likes to nap in his swing, although he will nap in his crib too.  And he takes really long naps when I'm out running errands.

He can sit up in his Bumbo seat

He likes his bouncy seat again and still loves his swing.  I just now figured out that our swing will recline so that he doesn't get all slumped over when he falls asleep in it.  I now feel much better about letting him sleep in it!

He loves his ocean creature playmat - he will lay on it and kick for about 30 minutes at a time.  He is starting to try to reach for the toys that dangle above him.

He enjoys laying on the bed or floor and looking at the ceiling fans and laying on his changing table and looking at his artwork

He still hates tummy time - I don't know how he will ever learn to roll over!

He loves his paci!

He has started making "m" sounds - which I think means that "momma" is coming soon!

He is developing the cutest smile and laugh

He likes to watch the TV.  Terrible, I know!  We try to keep him facing away from it, but if he can see it, his eyes are glued to it.  He does the same thing with the screen on his video monitor.

He is very attentive and engaged.  If we are out somewhere, he wants to be sitting up and looking around.  I feel like he just takes in so much.

Hayes has survived his first illness - a respiratory virus and ear infection.

As a result of being sick, Hayes got an extra surprise trip to the doctor.  I was expecting to have to wait until his 4 month well child visit to get an update on his weight.  He now weighs 12 pounds, 2 ounces, which is the 25% percentile.  I think he carries most of his weight in his cute little chubby cheeks and roly-poly thighs!

Hayes is wearing size 1-2 diapers.  He really could still wear a 1, but we buy diapers in big boxes to leave at his school, and there's no way he'll outgrow the size 1-2 before we finish the box.


We love him more and more everyday!

No comments: