And this is how he feels about it! At the end of his first week of daycare, I noticed that he was starting to cough just a little bit. He kept it up all weekend and started getting a little nasal congestion, so I called our pediatrician's office on Monday morning. The nurse said that we didn't need to come in unless he had green snot, a fever, or really got congested in his chest. He didn't have any of those at that point, so we decided to wait it out.
On Wednesday morning, he coughed so hard that he spit up his entire morning feeding it seemed like. I was holding him at the time, and it went all down my back and into my hair. Yuck! I decided at that point that we were going to the doctor that day. I called and got an appointment. When I went to feed him at noon, he was just acting like he felt miserable. By that time, he was wheezing as he breathed, so I was very glad we had an appointment with the doctor for later that afternoon. Hayes went back to my office with me then and took a little nap while I got a few more hours of work in.
Hayes was diagnosed with a respiratory virus and ear infection. The doctor said that he had quite a bit of fluid in his ears and did a test where he puffed air into Hayes' ear. Apparently, that hurts really bad if the ear is infected, and we got quite the reaction when he did Hayes' left ear. We left with prescriptions for an inhaler and antibiotics. I was so glad the doctor gave us something for the ear infection, since it wasn't completely full blown yet. After five days of breathing treatments and ten days of antibiotics, Hayes is all better.
What an introduction to daycare! As the doctor said, Hayes' new buddies don't kid around with the germs!
No comments:
Post a Comment